Haven on Earth
Rest walk - How? Set up a storehouse teaching shalom.
Editor - The written Torah, the oral Torah and the editors introduction.
...these students close at hand.
Contents - Show more detail in the contents. What is in a chapter?
Chapter Summaries for Haven on Earth - Shining if finishing.
1) Rest walk - An invitation to read, imagine, share and respond to this book - 'set up a store house teaching shalom.'
2) Dedicate - A prayer a dedication 'for their ideals to take opportunity', 'the united people settling Torah sovereignty.', 'O prosper it, the work of our hands. Tehilim 90.'
3) Editor - Mission statement - to give context to 'We will do and we will hear' from the Torah. In order 'to inspire the reader to want to know more', 'As Hillel says, loving . . . and bringing them close to the Torah.'
4) Contents - Chapter Summaries.
5) Many Holy - In search of the 'Great theme Essay'
6) Essay 1 & 2 - Sharing the quest, for self knowledge and for collective harmony!
Essay 2 - I believe when we become parents we would like to share our world step by step with our children . . . A kind man among mankind.
Journey - Sharing of tradition with Rivka, Yitzhak's earthly wife and the mother to be of twin sons Yaaqov and brother Eisav . . . It so happened that Noah's son Shem was situated in Yerushalayim as the bearer of tradition. Shem was called at that time . . . End with the pasuk that you began with in its context there,
When taking care to educate my children, will I be concerned for a high standard of education for children not of my family? Followed by the original pasuk 'And thou shall spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.' Bereishit 28.
Let us learn from the example of Yaaqov, our father, the man of truth!
Tzitzit - Those belonging to families that bake foods and sow clothes together, workers of fields and families of friends, making . . .
YAAQOV SAYS, 'IF G~D WILL BE WITH ME, AND KEEP ME IN THIS WAY THAT I GO, AND WILL GIVE ME BREAD TO EAT, AND CLOTHING TO WEAR.' BEREISHIT 28.
A real life - In the Written Torah:
'AND HE (MOSHE) TOOK THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT, AND READ IN THE HEARING OF THE PEOPLE: AND THEY SAID, ALL THAT THE L~RD HAS SAID WE WILL DO, AND OBEY.' SHEMOT 24. 'I AM THE L~RD THY G~D, WHO BROUGHT THEE OUT OF THE LAND OF MITZRAYIM, FROM THE HOUSE OF BONDAGE.' DEVARIM 5
. . . Because only now, with our learning to live this here, among us with our hearing, are we to be these living laws! 'Here let us keep this', and 'let us now do this'; make the choice if to be our witnesses, for just as all of us are alive - we make this our choice!
'THE L~RD MADE NOT THIS COVENANT WITH OUR FATHERS, BUT WITH US, EVEN US, WHO ARE ALL OF US HERE ALIVE THIS DAY.' DEVARIM 5 AND IN THE ORAL TORAH: 'MOSHE, HE RECEIVED THE TORAH FROM SINAI, AND HE HANDED IT OVER. . .' AVOT 1.
You decide for yourself . . . Cause to shine a measure of light into the picture.