The four basic systems of - Jews as a people, Judaism as a religion,
Israel, and the interactions with the Diaspora, form the fundamental
issues that are to be studied.
The function of this project is to:
1. Explore alternative strategies for achieving sustainable growth,
enrichment, and well being of Jews and Jewry in the Diaspora and Israel.
2. The interrelated opportunities and challenges that emerge from these.
3. To establish task forces to analyze alternative futures in each of
4. To provide factual information and projections that can help a wide
range of people make choices today that can lead to desireable futures.
5. To seriously explore the view that long-term cultural change into a
post-industrial is real and that Jews are significant change agents in
this sociatal paradigm shift.
This study can:
1. Examine many sectors in an integrated way - projecting future trends in
demography, education , affiliation, religious communities,
communications, aliyah, - - - -
2. Develop long -term perspectives, since the significance of many trends
is apparent only when they are examined over decades.
3. Focus on oppertunities so as not to create undesireable and troublesome
This project would:
1. Identify those individuals and institutions that are engaged in 21st
century studies in these areas and assist them in their work.
2. Train teams in the general methodology of preparing studies on
3. Participate in the design and analysis stages of specific studies.
4. Provide the teams with information about specific strategies for future
5. Connect the teams with organizations and consultants for assistance on
specific aspects of these studies.
6. Gather, analyze, and share the available tools that could be useful in
the work, i.e. appropriate computer models.
7. Assist teams in the publication and international distribution of the
resulting reports , in print format and through electronic systems.
8. Help the study teams to identify measures that will assume that their
reports will recieve high-level attention and that would be used in
significant policy development.
9. Organize meetings and consultations , either face-to-face and through
electronic telecommunications at which leaders can meet and exchange
information and views.
10. Develop and publish a World Directory of Jewish-Israel Futures
Resources and Services.
11. Deal with the project itself, to